Level 2: ISBC Core Curriculum (11 days)
The tree courses of the ISBC Core Curriculum will familiarize you with the most common topics that you will encounter in your daily work as a business coach. You will also learn the central techniques for successful business coaching. The ISBC Core Curriculum is divided into three modules, each lasting three days, plus two days of supervision of your coaching practice.
After completing the ISBC Core Curriculum, you will have mastered the most important methods and techniques for common topics in business coaching.
Participants must have completed the ISBC Fundamentals of Business Coaching course.
The ISBC Core Curriculum in detail:
CC1: Basic skills and techniques in coaching (3 days)
In the first block of the ISBC Core Curriculum, you will develop a constructivist attitude and train elementary coaching skills. Special emphasis is placed on the various forms of asking systemic questions.
- Learning a clear assignment and goal clarification for a coaching assignment
- Methods for context clarification
- Discovering and working with negative thought patterns of the client
- Learning and practicing the most important forms of systemic questioning
CC2: Solution-focused coaching (3 days)
In the second course of the ISBC Core Curriculum, you will learn the approach of solution-focused coaching and practice the corresponding methods and techniques. Using practical examples, you will learn the advantages of this concept - its rapid applicability, clear focus on the goal and the high probability of quickly achieving initial effective changes in the client.
- The path from problem discussion to solution discussion
- The "Steps to solution" according to Steve DeShazer and Insoo Kim Berg
- Competent use of scaling questions & working with the "Miracle Question”
- Creating helpful and goal-oriented observation tasks and behavioral assignments for the client
Supervision of your coaching cases (1 day)
In a one-day practical supervision exercise, you will have the opportunity to present a current case from one of your practice coaching sessions. This is an integral part of the training and precedes blocks CC2 and CC3.
CC3: Non-standard topics in coaching (3 days)
In the third module of the ISBC Core Curriculum, you will deal intensively with coaching situations that go beyond the standard problem/solution paradigm. You learn additional techniques to round off your skill set as a business coach. At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of attendance. This is a prerequisite for the next step - the ISBC Certification Course.
- Inquiring what really fulfills your client and working with the client’s values
- The role and use of mindfulness in coaching
- Supporting clients who feel “out of balance”
- Accompanying clients during severe life challenges
- The practical and legal limits of coaching
Practice Supervision (1 day)
In a one-day practical supervision exercise, you will have the opportunity to present a current case from one of your practice coaching sessions. This is an integral part of the training.
Upon completion of the ISBC Core Curriculum, you will receive a certificate of attendance.
Dates for the Core Curriculum
- CC1 - 31/05/ - 02/06/2021
- SV - 30/06/ - 30/06/2021
- CC2 - 05/07/ - 07/07/2021
- SV - 28/07/ - 28/07/2021
- CC3 - 02/08/ - 04/08/2021